Finding the best laptop for gaming majorly depends on your budget and on the visual settings which you are willing to tolerate. Luckily the game engine is quite old and hence does not demand any top-of-the-line hardware. So, you can enjoy gaming with the best gaming laptop under 400 without breaking your bank.
The gaming laptop of choice should minimally have any 4th or 7th generation i3, i5 or i7 processor, any dedicated Nvidia graphics card, and at least a minimum of 4GB of memory. Blizzard always does a good job when it comes to optimizing their games for slower machines that are especially true for the gaming world.
Let’s get through product review one by one:
But before proceeding, our top best gaming laptop in under 400$ price is Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6’’ that has managed to win the hearts of its valued customers all over the world by featuring a 15.6’’ sharp display with solid performance, good battery, a comfortable keyboard, double-layer drive and plenty of ports, and all that in a very affordable price even less than $400. Acer Aspire E 15 is one of the best purchasing values for a low budget gaming laptop on the market.
Here is a comparison table for a quick no-time-wasting review if you don’t spare much time.
Best Gaming Laptop Under 400 [Today Deals]
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers...
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning...
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric...
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel...
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google...
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to...
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED...
- Powerful Productivity: 11th Generation Intel Core...
- Visibly Stunning: Experience sharp details and...
- Ergonomic Typing: Ergonomically-designed hinge...
- In competitive gaming, sound is survival, and JBL...
- Features JBL Quantum Surround sound technology...
- JBL Quantum 400 gaming headset incorporates a...
Best Gaming Laptop Under 400 [2021 Review]
1. Best Alternative: Acer Aspire E15 15.6’’
Every once in a while, a laptop comes along that defies its low price and Acer Aspire E 15 is one among them. Punching well above its weight class, the 15-inch machine has a sharp 1080p display, good performance and a variety of ports that never stops to amaze it’s valued customers with its good enough performance at a low price.
- General specifications include 6” full HD display, 8th generation Intel Core i3-8130U processor, 6GB RAM, 1 TB HDD storage and operates Windows 10.
- An overall plane design with subtle cross-etching on the dark-grey lid.
- Excellent assortment of all the essential ports.
- A blast from the past, featuring a USB 2.0 port and a double-layer drive.
- USB-C ports along with with Ethernet ports, a VGA input and two USB 3.0
- Sharp non-touch display
- The maximum brightness of 227 nits
- Comfortable keyboard to type on, the full-size keys are well spaced.
- speakers loud enough to fill a large room
Acer Aspire E 15 has managed to win the hearts of its valued customers all over the world by featuring a 15.6’’ sharp display with solid performance, good battery, a comfortable keyboard, double-layer drive, and plenty of ports, and all that in a very affordable price even less than $400. Acer Aspire E 15 is one of the best purchasing values on the market.
2. Best Affordable: CHUWI LapBook Pro 14.1’’
Chuwi’s 14-inch LapBook Pro scores well on the list of cheap gaming laptops for its silent operation, good battery life, IPS display with stable viewing angles, and a wide color gamut. Moreover, keyboard backlighting and the option to expand the device with an M.2 SSD weigh up the machine.
- General Specs include Intel Gemini-Lake N4100 quad-core 64-bit processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage for fast and smooth action.
- LapBook is extremely lightweight at only 9lbs and only 0.22 inch thin which makes it a highly reliable and portable laptop.
- It features a 1 inch IPS display with 1920×1080 Resolution that offers a good viewing experience for gaming’s true-to-life graphics.
- Moreover, it’s equipped with night mode and color adjustment that help you to reduce eye strain.
- LapBook Pro offers a backlit keyboard in the perfect key distance for fatigue-less key usage. Also, the ergonomic button design offers a comfortable typing experience.
- Multiple Ports adds more convenience to this LapBook. It comes with 4 ports including USB 3.0, Headphone, Type-C, and Micro Video port.
- LapBook supports windows 10 touchpad gesture.
- It equips large battery capacity with 37.24Wh battery, Designed for on-the-go users with an all-day battery life of up to 8 hours.
The Chuwi LapBook Pro is a stylish, lightweight, and compact mobile companion that costs less than $400. However, Chuwi has made some compromises to keep the price down that hold the LapBook Pro back somewhat but still does not compromise on basic functioning.
3. Editor Choice: Acer Chromebook R 11
The Acer Chromebook R11 is a lot better than competing Chromebooks, thanks to its 360-degree hinge. While it’s not the fastest Chromebook on the block due to price factors, you can leave raw processor and RAM capacity to the Windows and Mac laptops. The Acer Chromebook R11 perfectly utilizes Chrome OS, so it doesn’t need the best specs to provide a smooth-as-butter experience.
- General Specs are Intel Celeron N3150 CPU, 11.6’’ HD Touch Display, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC, Up to 10-hour Battery Life, Convertibility, 45 Watt powerful battery and operates Chrome OS.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS that is pre-equipped with virus protection and updates automatically as required.
- This Chromebook boots up in seconds and offers fade-free power.
- It allows easy running of all the Google apps that you are previously used to.
- For Connectivity it features 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Chromebooks always come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
The Acer Chromebook R11’s minimalist design isn’t the most exciting, but this is an extremely capable Chromebook that will last all day on battery. It can also flip 360-degrees into a tablet and offers a blend of carefully chosen specs that make it a good gaming laptop in under $400.
4. Best Overall: Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
Acer undoubtedly is a name that is trusted by many customers worldwide and has always come up with some of the most sturdy and high-performing machines every time.
Aspire 5 by Acer is among some of the best laptops of all time due to its slimmer, thinner, lighter, and still, impossibly good performance design which can go good with lighter to normal level of gaming and other tasks.
- General specifications include 15.6”inches display, Full HD IPS Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10110U, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB NVMe SSD, Backlit keyboard and operates Windows 10 in S mode.
- It only weighs 5.7lbs that adds more portability to its features and with 15 inches screen, it can fit any bag or backpack for easy portability.
- If you think it’s not providing you with high-end look and glory, it will surely provide you with high-end performance.
- For better connectivity with other devices, it’s equipped with two USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port and an HDMI output.
- Intel WI-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax is enough to catch good Wi-Fi signals so your gaming is never interrupted.
Acer Aspire 5 is a slim and sleek design that definitely delivers more performance for your money than you might expect. It surely is a must-have as an entry-level gaming laptop.
5. Runner-Up: HP Pavilion 17’’inches Laptop
HP Pavilion features strong performance and a comfortable keyboard so you can tackle long computing hours without much stress in a beautifully designed structure of 17 inches FHD IPS display. HP Pavilion is equally powerful in both appearance and performance.
- General specs include 17.3″ diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare display with 1920×1080 screen resolution, AMD Quad-Core A10-9620P APU, 1TB 5400 rpm Storage, 8GB DDR4 RAM and operates Windows 10.
- HP Pavilion comes equipped with HP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated digital microphone, AMD Radeon R5 Graphics, B&O PLAY, dual speakers.
- For better internet browsing it offer Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with catches signals efficiently.
- For external connectivity, this laptop features Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, USB 3.1, Type-C, HDMI port and 1 multi-format SD media card reader.
- Built in DVD-Writer adds another point to the efficiency of the laptop.
The latest HP Pavilion 17’’ borders right on the edge of a premium laptop by offering a strong processor, comfortable keyboard, and a good pair of Speakers for a very affordable price.
Related Laptops Review
- Is Lenovo a Good Brand Laptop?
- Cheap Gaming Laptop Under 200 [2021 Review]
- Best Gaming Laptops for Kids
- Top 5 Best Laptops Under 60000 in India (Review In 2021)
- Best laptops for Nursing Students 2021
This 2-in-1 Laptop somehow manages to be among the best low price laptops for gaming and only drives down due to its short battery life and a bit dull display but still, the display is not considered bad and manages to provide a quality picture. Despite that, the Pavilion is a decent Gaming Laptop for under $400.